What are you looking for?
29.9.15

Amelie's arrival!

After a long nine months and one week Amelie was here!

I had Amelie at Kingston Hospital, the team of midwives and doctors were just unbelievably amazing. The labour was almost 24 hours from start finish, the birthing pool was tops for the beginning and gas and air was a dream! I couldn't have done it without my partner supporting me every step of the way. It felt like running the marathon all over again, the amazing strength of mind and body followed by the ultimate prize of holding our baby girl made it all worth it. Although I am yet unsure how apparently other mothers forget and go back for a second, third, fourth time...! 

Mother nature certainly puts you to the challenge asking you to be your strongest at what feels like your weakest. Instinct kicks in and the instant bond is just out of this world.

I have a whole new respect for my wonderful mother who gave birth to the three of us Oldfields and all mothers out there. 

I was running on adrenaline for the first 24 hours and was on auto pilot looking after little one and determined to recover quickly. I drank sooo much water and forced myself to eat lots of healthy snacks to give my body a helping hand!

When we left the hospital and put Amelie into her first special outfit I was washed over by utter joy bursting into tears at the sight of her in the cute Mary Berry Strawberry Hat we had brought months ago. I couldn't believe that after all the planning and talking this little person, our little girl was finally here!






Add your comment

  1. A lovely portrayal of a truly magical experience! Congratulations xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely portrayal of a truly magical experience! Congratulations xxxx

    ReplyDelete